Toxic Chemical Being Sold as a Health-Conscious Sweetener

February 21, 2012
Print This Post Print This Post

splendaessentialsSplenda Essentials pretend to be health-supporting, when in fact they seem to have more in common with pesticides than with sugar.

Sucralose, sold under the brand name Splenda, is simply chlorinated sugar; in chemical terms, it is a chlorocarbon. The idea behind this is that the body would no longer recognize it as sugar. But, as Johns Hopkins-trained physician and biochemist James Bowen, MD, points out, chlorine is “nature’s Doberman attack dog—a highly excitable, ferocious atomic element employed as a biocide in bleach, disinfectants, insecticide, WWI poison gas and hydrochloric acid.” Common chlorocarbons include chlordane and DDT, a product so harmful that it is now banned for agricultural use the world over.

Now Splenda is selling a product called Splenda Essentials. Different formulations contain B vitamins, antioxidants (vitamins C and E), or fiber. The marketing and advertising appear to be targeting health-conscious people who are interested in vitamins and nutrition—despite the fact that Splenda is highly toxic and has no place in a healthy diet.

Splenda’s advertising says the addition of B1, B5, and B6 “help support a healthy metabolism.” The antioxidant product “contains vitamin C and E, like those found in fruits and vegetables,” while the fiber product is touted as containing “one gram of healthy fiber.” It is worth noting that the regular Splenda product already contains fiber—the powdery dextrose and/or maltodextrin that forms the carrier for the sweetener—but only between 0.5 and 1.0 grams of it. For the fiber product, they bumped it up an even 1.0 grams. Whoopee.

For the vitamins, Splenda has added 20% of the recommended daily allowance; for the fiber, they’ve added 0.03% of the RDA. But let’s compare those amounts with the recommendations from the late scientist, researcher, and physician Dr. Emanuel Cheraskin of the International Academy of Science:

B1

Cheraskin

25 mg

100–200 mg

25 mg

1,000 mg

450 IU

With the minute amounts of nutrients per packet, one would need to be consuming unconscionable numbers of packets to make any impact at all on one’s health—that is, provided one weren’t also consuming the sucralose itself! As we noted last year, Splenda alters the microflora in the intestine and “exerts numerous adverse effects,” according to a Duke University study, including an increase in body weight (not quite what a “diet aid” is supposed to do!) and an elevation of liver enzymes, which hurts the bioavailability of nutrients.

In “The Lethal Science of Splenda, a Poisonous Chlorocarbon,” Dr. Bowen says that “any chlorocarbons not directly excreted from the body intact can cause immense damage to the processes of human metabolism and, eventually, our internal organs. The liver is a detoxification organ which deals with ingested poisons. Chlorocarbons damage the hepatocytes, the liver’s metabolic cells, and destroy them.”

Dr. Bowen notes that the high solvency of chlorocarbons like Splenda attacks the human nervous system and can produce cancer, birth defects, and immune system destruction. In test animals, Splenda produced swollen livers (as do all chlorocarbon poisons), calcified their kidneys, shrunk their thymus glands (the biological seat of immunity) and produced liver inflammation.

Our colleagues at ANH-Europe  point out other adverse effects in animals as a result of sucralose ingestion: DNA damage in gastrointestinal organs, increase in the number of normal cells in the surface tissue of the kidney, hemorrhagic degeneration of the adrenal cortex (which regulates carbohydrate and fat metabolism, salt, and water balance), incidence of cataracts, marked gastrointestinal disturbance, and deaths in pregnant rabbits and aborted rabbit fetuses. Splenda’s adverse effects in humans include headaches and migraines and a long list of consumer-reported side effects including skin rashes/flushing, panic-like agitation, dizziness and numbness, diarrhea, swelling, muscle aches, intestinal cramping, bladder issues, and stomach pain.

Splenda has replaced aspartame as the number one artificial sweetener in foods and beverages; aspartame’s popularity declined after the public learned that that it is both a neurotoxin and an underlying cause of chronic illness. As Dr. Bowen warns, “We should not be fooled again into accepting the safety of a toxic chemical on the blessing of the FDA and saturation advertising. In terms of potential long-term human toxicity we should regard sucralose with its chemical cousin DDT, the insecticide now outlawed because of its horrendous long term toxicities at even minute trace levels in human, avian, and mammalian tissues.”

Splenda’s online marketing includes a series of YouTube videos called Splenda Essential Choices for Healthy Living, which features an ADA-certified Registered Dietitian giving people health advice—though we might call it “natural health lite”—including prominent endorsements of Splenda Essentials.

ANH-USA is filing a citizen petition with the Federal Trade Commission regarding Splenda’s deceptive advertising. Their marketing clearly targets health-conscious people interested in nutrition, while trying to pass off a toxic chemical as healthy.

141 Responses to “Toxic Chemical Being Sold as a Health-Conscious Sweetener”

1. Cyndy says:

I knew Splenda makes you gain weight. I did not know how harmful it is. thanks for this information. My friend uses it all the time. I will e mail this to her. Hopefully, now she will stop using it.

2. Bruce Jackson says:

What I want is Splenda in ANY form or being sold by ANY other name to be BANNED for sale in America as it has too many toxic downsides. Stevia is a natural and wholesome sugar substitute.

3. John says:

Dear nice ANH-USA ! Why do people want a sweet taste ? Is a sweet taste necessary for nutrition , or do we learn to want a sweet taste , from our adults and from advertising , when we are children ? I can eat salad without dressing , and drink tea without sweetener . Maybe the best , and maybe the only , way to eat sweetener , is to eat vegetables and fruits , drink vegetable juice , and drink a little sweet fruit juice . Also , unsweetened lemon , lime , cranberry , or tart cherry juice can be tasty , mixed with water . Thank you !

4. Laraine Broschinsky says:

Stop the Insanity! We have too many toxic chemicals in our food already and too much obesity, cancer and other ailments as a result. Let’s stop filling the coffers of companies that produce toxic substances and call them “food.” People must be educated about these dangers, not lulled into thinking anything on the grocer’s shelf is fit to eat.

5. Laurie LaGoe says:

It all goes to the same sources. The megawealthy want everybody else and the whole planet to suffer. The powers that be, corporate/Government collusion want to enslave everybody else to the destruction of the planet. It goes from the throw-away consumerist economy to secret toxins in the food and water to torture of animals then people.

6. Arika says:

I have POEMS Syndrome. I used to use Splenda, and it probably didn’t cause it, but I’m sure it made it worse. This is not a very common disease, but it is difficult to get rid of. They don’t know what caused it in me, as I don’t have the two things they know cause Castleman’s Disease, which I also have. The “O” stands for Organomegaly, which in my case is Castleman’s Disease. Swollen lymph nodes and spleen.

6 likes

• marcia says:

have you tried talking to any of the old, well trained homeopathic doctors? has anyone talked to you read any books by max gerson, linus pauling, michael t. murray, et al? The answers you seek might be found there, or at the very least, these authors will point you towards the answers. (michael t. murray and anthony cichoke are still alive and well. both are extremely knowledgeable and published authors – there are others out there, too, who may be able to help you.) don’t give up and never give in no matter how bleak the situation may appear. I wish you well.

• Henry Schwartzman says:

If it depends on deception for marketing it should not be marketed.

• Danielle says:

Make an appointment with a Nutrition Response Testing doc. I am sure they would be able to get you fixed up. :) We have good success with that.

7. Charlene Dryman says:

I was furiated to learn about the side effects of Splenda. I used to use aspertame until I found out that it was bad for you. Now I learn that Splenda is bad also. I drink coffee most of the day and, of course, now I find out that it is nothing but poison. Shame on the makers of Splenda. I guess that I will have to learn to drink my coffee black for now on.

Thank you for this article. It has greatly enlightened me.

10 likes

• renee says:

I love coconut sugar. Oddly enough, not coconut itself! But I have tried many of the zero calorie alternatives to artificial sugar and never liked any of them. Honey, agave nectar are my second choices, but cocunut sugar is my go to now. Its 5 calories per serving (tsp) and it takes less to sweeten my coffee, pancakes, or whatever else I make than raw or refined cane sugar.

• marcia says:

check out the following 100% natural sweetners: stevia, agave nectar, the best is xylitol from birch tree bark. also organic maple syrup is good. xylitol is the only one that does NOT feed cancer. it can be used in almost all aspects of cooking and baking. all the above
      are available at good quality health food stores. research the above sweetners on the net.

• Pat says:

A wonderful alternative to the toxic chemical they try to pass of as healthy, is Stevia. It is a plant based non-caloric sweetener. Don’t be fooled by Truvia which is made by coke or Pepsi. If it is made by either of them you can be pretty sure that you can’t trust Truvia. Try Stevia. You only need a tiny, tiny bit to sweeten something. You can find it at a health food store or at vitacost.com

• Cecilia says:

Stevia is an excellent sweetener. I get the organic kind from Amazon or Vitacost

• Beverly says:

Why don’t you use just plain old sugar? Or raw sugar? Honestly, sugar is far, far safer than all the substitutes. It seems people have forgotten about plain old sugar so they are at a loss what to use when they realize all the substitutes are poisonous. Xylitol is safe also.

• Wayne says:

NO, you don’t have to drink your coffee without a sweetner.
      Have you tryied stevia or Truvia? These are completely
      plant based and NO chemicals.

• LSC says:

You can use organic raw sugar.

• lisa says:

stevia

• Henry Barrett says:

Charlene, we’ve been using this sweetener for some time and so far so good. Here’s the web address where you can purchase it, it looks expensive but a little goes a long way.

• Tim says:

I assume you mean “unsweetened?” Use xylitol if you need the sweet taste. It is a sugar made from birch bark and is not only non-toxic, but also actively inhibits the bacteria ( strep. Mutans ) that cause tooth decay. Alternatively, stevia is also a natural sweetener.

• RickCole77 says:

Black coffee.

• Ashleigh says:

Hi Charlene,

8. JAB says:

So what is your recommendation for use as sweetener? Regular sugar? Splenda is now preferred because aspertame has been widely criticized. If sugar isn’t the best sweetener, what is?

• c breef says:

birch sugar is totally safe, stevia is also natural and safe although I would not buy it in the truvia form becasue big business got their hands on it.

• KAFE says:

Organic Agave Nectar, Xylitol, and/or Stevia. These are low glycemic naturally occurring sweeteners, NOT synthetic NOR harmful to our bodies.

• marcia says:

go to the health food store and check out the following: stevia, agave nectar, the best is
      xylitol. xylitol is the only sweetner that i am aware of that does NOT feed cancer. do the research on each of the above – the info is on the net.

• John Hunter says:

Use Stevia available at Walmart
      or Xylitol only problem I’m aware of with this , is that it is poisonous to dogs.

• Cecilia says:

I use organic Stevia is an excellent sweetener. Mainly from Amazon.com

• Gary says:

You can use Stevia, Xylitol, Agave, brown rice syrup, beet sugar, or Sugar in the Raw (if you must use sugar). These are healthy alternatives to Splenda and other artificial sweeteners.

• Jerome says:

Try Stevia which is a natural sweetener OR Organic Blue Agave which is also from nature. They are both much healthier for you & you don’t need to use a lot.

• LSC says:

Organic raw sugar.

• lisa says:

stevia. all natural, helps strengthen bones. very sweet, unpleasant after taste most can get past that

• Catherine says:

check out mercola.com for some sugar alternatives that are natural and not chemically altered…also, search for just like sugar on the internet…it is in various stores…I personally use honey with enzymes still in tact, but never heated, like is would be in coffee, just a touch in salad dressing every once in a while. Never use these ridiculous sweeteners…the govt knows how dangerous they are. Follow the money trail to see why they allow this type of deceit.

• Jan says:

What is funny about all this “artificial sweetner” crap, is that if you use only 1 teaspoon of sugar in your coffee… that is only 16 calories!!! It’s the sodas, etc that are overloaded with sugar… which is still bad but at least it’s not a chemical.

• JT says:

How about raw honey or nothing. I recently made the switch to “no sweetener” and now I find myself only having one or two cups of coffee each morning, which is far better than drinking it all morning or day. Just man up and deal with it. Find myself drinking much more water since eliminating all calorie drinks…
      jt

• Ashleigh says:

Try using coconut sugar. You can find it at any whole foods or other health food store. It is expensive, about $9.00 for 12 oz or so.However, it tastes wonderful and is a low-glycemic alternative to sugar. I went on the HCG diet about a year and a half ago, which you aren’t supposed to have any sugar for. I tried Stevia (tastes like chemicals), tried Splenda (tastes overly sweet), and finally settled on coconut sugar. It doesn’t trick your body into thinking its not sugar like Splenda does. But, if you aren’t using huge quantities of it, it is one of the healthiest sweeteners available.

• Cheryll Ann says:

I use a combination of xylitol (I like XyloSweet) and Whey Low and it’s delicious with a very low glycemic index. Both are available online. I mix the two as too much xylitol can cause diarrhea but mixing it 1/2 and 1/2 with the Whey Low works well. Both are safe, non-toxic products.

• RSH says:

Xylitol. It is a natural sweetner derived from all things – American hardwood – birch trees I believe. I use it to cook with and tastes just like sugar. Also Palm sugar is a good substitute for brown sugar, of course Agave nectar is delicious, though I haven’t tried it in many applications. Stevia is very sweet and a good sugar replacement since it is completely natural – though it has an aftertaste. Xylitol can be purchased by the pound. I “googled” Xylitol and found a company that produces it and sells by the pound http://www.xylitolusa.com. I deal with a diabetic and I am on the search for a sweetenthat will not add insult to injury with blood sugar spikes. Xylitol has a lower than sugar glycemic index – i think the number is 7. I hope this gives you some alternatives. I personally am stopping the Splenda today! I fact what I have unused is going in the trash!

9. richard cromoga says:

i was able to get my fasting blood glucose level down to the mid 80’s using splenda. as good as that was it wasn’t worth the adverse intestinal problems caused by splenda. you are right that splenda is probably closer to ddt than sugar. i have an old saying that “money trumps everything, absolutely everything.”

5 likes

• marcia says:

agave nectar, stevia and xylitol do NOT affect blood glucose levels and are wonderful natural
      sweetners available at good quality health food stores. do the online research of each of the above.

10. Betty Reiber says:

It’s very disheartening that harmful chemicals disguised as healthy by artificially injecting vitamins are still allowed to be on the market. The FDA needs to be better informed and pro-active in protecting people from these toxins, not promoting them.

6 likes

• mommam says:

If you think the FDA has our health as their TOP priority, you are sorely mistaken. You don’t have to research very far to find that money drives their inforcements! or lack of…… Wake up Americsa! If you care about you and your family’s health and the quality of food you are ingesting, you better start reading and standing up for it! Gov’t and their disgraceful regulatory agencies won’t!

1 likes

11. Tobacco once thought to be harmless even endorsed by medicine is now a known carcinogen.
    Science is showing us that many of our current so called harmless food additives are toxic.
    Don’t wait for more people to die because of looking the other way on matters like this.
    Ban Splenda, Limit sugar content. Reduce obesity, Tooth decay and watch health care costs slowly fall.

Richard M Nemish

6 likes

12. buck says:

I have switched from all artificial sweeteeners to ” STEVIA ” a natural sweetener with no or few calories . Some have complained of a bitter aftertaste but I use it sparingly and have no problem with any aftertaste . It is a little expensive but how much is your health worth ?

11 likes

13. Christine Frisco says:

Thank you so much for publicizing this! I’ll be sharing it with all my family and friends.

4 likes

14. forrest k. wright says:

i think that you need to do some research yourself . DDD was never ahasardest product at all . check it out yourself . if your going to tell the trueth . than print the trueth , otherwise dont say something thats not the facts . forrest otherwise your right on target in what you have said . except for the comment about the product DDD .

0 likes

15. I knew vaguely that Splenda was dangerous, but I didn’t know HOW dangerous it is. I’m going to forward this article to all my friends, some of whom I know are using it, and I hope many others will do the same.

It seems that the FDA must be having under the table auctions for their approval stamps on drugs and food products.

I suspect that the FDA ought to be investigated for many failures to protect the public. Are there any rumblings in Congress about such actions to clean up this obviously dirty agency of the government?

7 likes

16. Fran Jean-Bart says:

It is an insult to the american people’s intelligence to try to sneak splenda under a blanket of health. However some just dont know of the dangers ahead. Hope they stumble on your website soon!

6 likes

• Kathy says:

i agree wholeheartedl, a family member is diabetic, out of respect for her, I have Splenda in packets, I used it periodically….but I can tell you where those packets are going right now!! In the trash! So many people are conscious about antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and fiber that the body needs to work like a well oiled machine……they are the ones who will flock to buy this new product, it has “everything they need to be healthy”…what a sham ! Yet, our government supports using this kind of product, and will stop at nothing to regulate vitamin supplements…..where is the common sense here??

0 likes

17. Doc Art says:

Splenda (Sucralose) is indeed a chlorocarbon. The liver expends tremendous amounts of energy in attempting to eliminate the chlorine, making one sick in the process. Splenda, Aspartame, Neotame, and ANY other artificial sweetener is inherently toxic to humans. As a matter of fact, our entire food supply is threaten by chemicals and manufactured flavors, not intended by nature to be consumed by humans. This is to turn the population into cash cows. Those that make these chemical flavors and food enhancers and dyes, also make chemicals for the pharmaceutical companies…due the math !!

7 likes

18. Jan Lindner says:

Putting this poison in food is insane — please use your authority as it is intended — TO PROTECT CONSUMERS, NOT PANDER TO CORPORATE GREED.

7 likes

19. Linda Hollaway says:

It really gets tiring hearing all the things our goverment lets us eat anything they dont care about us only making money thats what the united States is all about. we cant trust anyone. I have used splenda and i never will again.

6 likes

20. Diane Lou says:

When are we going to quit being duped by the chemical industry? I can’t help but wonder exactly why they would want to keep poisoning people…and misleading them and making them gain weight.

Please, please, please let’s start thinking of our health and that of our children and grandchildren and get these toxins out of our foods.

7 likes

21. Laraine Winn says:

Well, this is news. I’m beginning to wonder why we have an FDA since this is not the only product being shown not to be what it claims, but is still allowed on the market. I’m beginning to lose hope for this country, since all Big Business cares about is the robber barons bottom line.

11 likes

22. Iris says:

What product do you suggest as a sugar substitute for diabetics?

3 likes

23. Tom says:

Splenda has raised red flags for me for a long time. It is too toxic to be considered and the general public is suckered into using it. NOT!

24. william wise says:

the only safe sugar substitute i found is stevia

3 likes

25. Shireen Parsons says:

There is no healthy substitute for real food — that should be a no-brainer. If that’s too hard for some people to comprehend, they should be sat down and told the truth — including the fact that Splenda is a petroleum product.

2 likes

26. Don says:

I have been telling everyone I see that uses splinda that it is almost agent orange. regular sugar has a glysimic index of 60 splinda has a glysimic index of 70, if it is not adding calories why dose it increase insulin with the higher glysimic index?

3 likes

27. When are common sense, self-preservation, and truthfulness going to guide us instead of the almighty drive for the dollar? We must protect our food from toxic additives and false claims.

6 likes

28. Fred Younkins says:

What is Truth? Msg, splenda, aspartame all bad for the body.

Herbal Doctors selling combinations of herbs and vitaqmins that perform miracles.

Money and profit seems to drive it all.

It will take a supernatural being to wade through all the hype to the truth.

2 likes

29. Sounds terrifying! Stevia is a natural and safe sweetener that is in more foods all the time. Adding vitamins , fiber, etc to Splenda seems like skullduggery to suck in the unwary public.

3 likes

30. savagery says:

Little by little I am finding the causes of my self-diagnosis of Leaky Gut Syndrome. This is a devious illness that is responsible for eroding the lining of the small intestine, allowing bacteria and undigested particles to enter the blood stream. This causes an autoimmune response in the body manifested by muscle soreness, headaches, Arthritis, high blood pressure; Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Candida and a whole host of other maladies. Splenda and many other chemicals in our are partially responsible for causing LGS along with certain foods. Many doctors are not familiar with LGS so getting information on the internet will help greatly for an individual to educate themselves and become interactive with their healthcare.

Through eating the proper diet I was able to overcome LGS and now feel at least 90% better. Good luck and good health, Ben

3 likes

31. CathyAC says:

We take in more chlorine in our daily shakes of table salt than in a packet of Splenda. It is the second most abundant halogen and 21st most abundant chemical element in Earth’s crust. We are exposed to it in our cleaning solutions, water, swimming pools, meat and vegetables. Breathe in that sweet ocean air and you are inhaling chlorine along with everything else. Chlorine is an important chemical for water purification (such as water treatment plants), in disinfectants, and in bleach. Chlorine in water is more than three times as effective as a disinfectant against Escherichia coli than an equivalent concentration of bromine, and is more than six times more effective than an equivalent concentration of iodine. It is also used in making about 85% of all medicines. . But is it neccesary for human health? Absolutely. Sodium chloride literally keeps our bodies from drying up, moves our muscles, makes our meals matter, and attacks germs to keep us healthy.

Our body’s cells exist in a sea of fluid. This extracellular body fluid is mostly water, along with the charged atoms (ions) of sodium and chloride. Chloride plays an essential role in a delicate balancing act: providing for the electrical neutrality and the correct pressure of body fluids, and keeping the acid-base balance of the body.

4 likes

32. Susan Hornbach says:

It’s so hard to even comment, just so disgusted. Big business will not be happy until they have killed every last human being, until they have sucked up every last blue green electric greedy dollar, and until they have destroyed every last grain of soil on the Earth. I guess whoever is left after all of that, will attempt to start over and not make the same mistakes, but it seems humans continue to self destruct. I feel so small in such a grand fight for a decent life.

0 likes

33. Sally Farrington says:

What about stevia?

2 likes

34. I’d prefer to hear this news with an option to do something about it, like contact a politician. Otherwise this is just noise.

4 likes

• Enrique says:

May I suggest that we all tweet and post wherever other people can read this article and suggest that we who are concerned demand from our representatives that they bring some kind of legal action against the FDA who seems to be oblivious to all these health concerns that affect us in real life.

0 likes

35. D Levy says:

Disgusting. Why is this alowed to be sold at all!?

5 likes

36. DD says:

So then what would be the best sugar alternative for those who’d like to slightly sweeten their tea? I’m really disappointed in this news about splenda. I have been using it since 2003 when it was all the rave for south beach diet.

37. Dave says:

Just a thought… I can understand there is some serious concern here. But one of the most abundant and necessary compounds in our bodies – salt – contains both chlorine, and another volatile, toxic element, sodium. When elements are compounded, they will behave differently in biological systems. Is this fact being considered in these studies?

3 likes

38. Iole Le Tissier says:

We must be informed consumers in an attempt to experience optimal health. Profit and greed dominate our food supply decisions.

39. Elke Blair says:

Splenda, Aspartame/Nutrasweet, Sweet & Low, ANY (artificial) sweetner is poison, PERIOD! If you can’t consume raw, natural sugar due to yeast or diabetic issues (like myself), then use Xylitol which is from Birch trees or Stevia from the plant source. In my opinion, all the artificial sweetners should be outlawed!!!

4 likes

40. Robert says:

That sucks!

0 likes

41. Just cut back on natural sugar and get more exercise. Stop looking for shortcuts and easy buttons. Too much sugar is a poison, but sustituting a worse poison isn’t the answer.

4 likes

42. That this product is on shelves called food products is just very wrong. Are there no preventatives in place to avoid this from happening ? Can we trust nothing in our markets ?

4 likes

• mommam says:

75 % of our grocery stores are filled with crap labeled as “food”….. is it really? or just a a mix of preservatives, addes colors and flavors etc….

0 likes

43. Dr. Gayle Eversole says:

Dr Bowen provided this information to me for my website (Splenda) it was published there many, many years ago. He wrote some other things I have published there regarding tagatose. Without a doubt he is one of the best experts we have had on aspartame et al. I am pleased to be a colleague and friend.

44. sandra says:

Shame on our industries and government to allow such appauling tactics against the people that have no say until it’s too late. Splenda is total garbage and all agencies were aware of this ,but as we know money is the name of the game and that is what our government works for, not the people whom vote for them. So corrupt it’s sickening.

6 likes

45. Kevin Dohse says:

How can these products reach our market? Where is the safety that is supposed to be provided to us by the food and drug administration? Have they been bought off by big corporations like most everything else. We Need To Take Back The Safety Of Our Country!!!!

6 likes

46. Dr. Richard Edlich says:

I advise all of my patients and friends to not buy Splenda because it can dramatically interfere with their health. I have no idea why the FDA has allowed this artificial sweetener to be sold.

Dr. Edlich

5 likes

47. Melissa Nunes says:

What is your solution? Stevia is just unpalatable and some of us can’t take sugar or honey. I appreciate you pointing out the problem buy how about a solution? I use Splenda in coffee, when baking and sometimes on fresh fruit. I wish there was a non chemical alternative for my family but so far, I have not found one.

48. Mahmood Choudhury says:

What can we do , as consumers who being hurt by this ?

0 likes

• Cecilia says:

Don’t buy the lousy stuff that is presently called food & educate yourself. This country is presently owned and run by Corporations (politicians are bought and groomed to do the Corporations bidding). We, the people need to put sanity back into the running of this country. So don’t give up hope – get mad, educate yourself and then take action. Every little bit in the RIGHT direction helps.

0 likes

49. John says:

Wow! How evil can they get!

3 likes

50. Suzanne says:

Joe Mercola wrote in his Sweet Deception that both Aspartame and Splenda were cancer causing! Nuff said! If people would just stop buying it, there would be no issue.

8 likes