Jobs at ANH-USA
Policy Analyst and Staff Writer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience
The Alliance for Natural Health USA (ANH-USA) is a 501(C)(4) non-profit seeking a Policy Analyst and Staff Writer interested in public health and access to natural health care. This is a great opportunity for an applicant looking to learn and grow into a specialized field. The ideal candidate will routinely synthesize the political landscape related to natural health and contribute to a weekly e-newsletter with a growing readership.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and reporting on a wide array of key legislation and policy proposals as they relate to natural health, with an emphasis in state and federal level regulation. *Please highlight your direct experience with natural health policy and/or legislation.
- Working closely with the Executive Director and other staff to strategize policy agendas.
- Providing succinct weekly analysis to Executive Director and other team members; some more time sensitive assignments require quicker turn-around.
- Synthesizing developments pertinent to ANH-USA’s mission for politically diverse membership base through weekly newsletter.
- Drafting potential articles and/or informative outlines of complex issues.
Successful applicants should possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to political science.
- A background in public health, natural health, or other nonprofit work related to ANH’s goals.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- An ability to write and edit for weekly articles (persuasive brevity needed over long form academic writing).
- An ability to multitask and take initiative, often under deadline.
- Applicant should have interest in natural, sustainable, and preventative health.
- Grant writing experience preferred.
Preference will be given to candidates who can offer the following:
- Two or more years of experience working in a non-profit or political environment.
- Direct experience writing under tight deadline for publication.
- Experience with WordPress and Convio/Blackbaud a plus.
ANH-USA works across the country to promote sustainable healthcare and freedom of choice in healthcare through good science and good law. We protect access to integrative medicine by lobbying Congress and state legislatures; acting as a government watchdog; filing comments on proposed Administrative rulemakings; educating the public, press, and decision-makers on integrative medicine; initiating legal activities (e.g., lawsuits, amicus briefs, petitions); and joining and forming diverse, issue-based coalitions. To learn more, please visit our website at www.anh-usa.org.
To apply, please submit a brief cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to [email protected]. Be sure to include “Policy Analyst and Staff Writer” in subject line to be considered. Due to the large volume of applications, please do not call the office.