Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s Disease

October 5, 2010
Print This Post Print This Post

fresh coconut halves on beachHow worried should drug companies be about supplements eating into their monopoly profits? A lot—as this story will show. Please share it with anyone you know who is suffering from Alzheimer’s or is worried about it.

Of course, just about everyone worries about Alzheimer’s. It currently afflicts 5.2 million people in the US and is the seventh leading cause of death. The cost of treating it is estimated at $148 billion.

Mary Newport, MD, has been medical director of the neonatal intensive care unit at Spring Hill Regional Hospital in Florida since it opened in 2003. About the same time the unit opened, her husband Steve, then 53, began showing signs of progressive dementia, later diagnosed as Alzheimer’s Disease. “Many days, often for several days in a row, he was in a fog; couldn’t find a spoon or remember how to get water out of the refrigerator,” she said.

They started him on Alzheimer’s drugs—Aricept, Namenda, Exelon—but his disease worsened steadily. (It should be noted that the latest research shows that the various Alzheimer’s drugs, like Aricept, have proven disappointing, with little real benefit and often distressing side effects.) When Dr. Newport couldn’t get her husband into a drug trial for a new Alzheimer’s medication, she started researching the mechanism behind Alzheimer’s.

She discovered that with Alzheimer’s disease, certain brain cells may have difficulty utilizing glucose (made from the carbohydrates we eat), the brain’s principal source of energy. Without fuel, these precious neurons may begin to die. There is an alternative energy source for brain cells—fats known as ketones. If deprived of carbohydrates, the body produces ketones naturally.

But this is the hard way to do it—who wants to cut carbohydrates out of the diet completely? Another way to produce ketones is by consuming oils that have medium-chain triglycerides. When MCT oil is digested, the liver converts it into ketones. In the first few weeks of life, ketones provide about 25 percent of the energy newborn babies need to survive.

Dr. Newport learned that the ingredient in the drug trial which was showing so much promise was simply MCT oil derived from coconut oil or palm kernel oil, and that a dose of 20 grams (about 20 ml or 4 teaspoons) was used to produce these results. When MCT oil is metabolized, the ketones which the body creates may, according to the latest research, not only protect against the incidence of Alzheimer’s, but may actually reverse it. Moreover, this is also a potential treatment for Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, multiple sclerosis and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease), drug-resistant epilepsy, brittle type I diabetes, and type II (insulin-resistant) diabetes.

So Mr. Newport, not being able to get into the drug trial, started taking the coconut oil twice a day. At this point, he could barely remember how to draw a clock. Two weeks after adding coconut oil to his diet, his drawing improved. After 37 days, Steve’s drawing gained even more clarity. The oil seemed to “lift the fog,” and in the first sixty days, Dr. Newport saw remarkable changes in him: every morning he was alert and happy, talkative, making jokes. His gait was “still a little weird,” but his tremor was no longer very noticeable. He was able to concentrate on things that he wanted to do around the house and in the yard and stay on task, whereas before coconut oil he was easily distractible and rarely accomplished anything unless he was directly supervised.

Over the next year, the dementia continued to reverse itself: he is able to run again, his reading comprehension has improved dramatically, and his short-term memory is improving—he often brings up events that happened days to weeks earlier and relays telephone conversations with accurate detail. A recent MRI shows that the brain atrophy has been completely halted.

Let’s take a moment to consider what actually happened here. Synthetic (patentable) Alzheimer’s drugs have failed. A drug company reluctantly decides to put a non-patentable natural substance (medium-chain triglycerides derived from coconut or palm) through an FDA trial. It works. But, darn it, a smart doctor figures out that a natural food can be substituted for the super-expensive drug. Not only that, the ketones from natural coconut oil last in the body longer than the drug version—eight hours instead of three hours. This is enough to make a drug company start worrying about its future. What if this natural health idea really catches on? Goodbye to monopoly profits!

Coconut oil can be found in many health food stores and even some grocery stores. One large chain sells a non-hydrogenated (no trans-fat) brand of coconut oil in a one-liter size (nearly 32 ounces) for about $7. It can be purchased in quantities as small as a pint and up to five gallons online. It is important to use coconut oil that is non-hydrogenated and contains no trans-fat. We would also strongly encourage the use of virgin oil (chemicals used to extract non-virgin oil are potentially dangerous, and better still, virgin organic, still quite reasonably priced.)

For more information, see Dr. Newport’s website. Sadly, you will not find any information on ketones, or the use of coconut oil or MCT oil, on the Alzheimer’s Association website.

Coconut oil is not the only natural product that has the potential to turn Alzheimer’s around. We will cover some other ones, and drug industry efforts to steal some of them, in a future issue.

See our follow up article: More on Natural Substances to Combat Alzheimer’s

If you enjoyed this article please follow us on Facebook and Twitter

210 Responses to “Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s Disease”

1. [...] Coconut oil benefits truly are many, and it doesn’t take much. Just a tablespoon or so a day could make significant differences in your health. Coconut oil for Alzheimer’s and dementia has been proven especially beneficial. [...]

6 likes

2. [...] Alliance for Natural Health /* */ [...]

3 likes

3. Xenical says:

I really this subject and can’t read enough about it!

6 likes

4. TheCureForAD says:

Documenting my family’s journey with coconut oil through a personal blog at thecureforad.com
    After learning about Dr. Newport’s results, we had to try with my dad. We have seen some definite changes in his focus. Only been on it for about 3 wks, not everyone I’ve read is having immediate results, but some people are, and that is awesome! I think Dr. Newport said in her report that the most significant changes, she didn’t see until around the 3rd month? I believe. The thing is, there is nowhere but down with this horrible disease, so if there is something natural that won’t hurt, and can only help other areas of your health, along with *hopefully* improving symptoms of diseases such as Alzheimers, such a shame not to even try it.

23 likes

• Stephen Benedict says:

She said she saw improvement on the first day. Her husband was going to take a test he had taken before, and she gave it to him either the day before, or the day of the test, and he did much better on the test.

Coconut oil and ketones may hold the answer, but this story has been around for a long time, and I don’t see any other similar stories out there. I noticed cognitive improvement when I took it though, although I don’t have alzheimers or dementia.

2 likes

5. [...] Kokosnussöl bei Alzheimer: Ein aktueller Fall [...]

4 likes

• anna says:

I have started my mother on the coconut oil.. How much am I suppose to be giving her.. I have been giving her 1 tablespoon mixed in her milk. she drinks it with no problems at all. can i increase it? do you think it will harm her if I give her to much?

• Donna says:

The article referenced four teaspoons of MCT (derivative of coconut oil) was what was used in the clinical trial the doctor couldn’t get her husband into. Later in the article it said he took coconut oil twice a day. For me personally, I’m going to start with 4 t. twice a day and see what happens!

6. Maria says:

I am lost for words I have been trying to find what can help my dear mum who has been suffering from Allzheimer’s for the last 5 years Its heart breaking seeing your dear mother deteriorating, I will surley try the virgin coconut oil

6 likes

7. Tona Roehrs says:

I have been using a concentrated dried powder extract that is mostly aloe vera, but they warn against the skin because it is a powerful laxative and to get the medicinal benefits of aloe, you would need to use a lot of the gel, so the skin would be too much. Also the speckled variety of aloe is not the one that contains the best polysaccharides, it’s the Barbadensis miller one, green, no white speckles. This info comes from Dr. McAnally and Dr. Reg McDAniel who did amazing tests using this stabilized aloe powder(fresh aloe has a self destruct enzyme) on AIDS patients, hospice cancer patients, way back in the early 80’s. The co. they developed for was sued in 07 for using “disease claims and testimonies to sell a nutritional supplement”, so you’ll see some bad press on them, but they have done amazing things and I still take it everyday! Ambrotose is the product.

8. Shari says:

My mother has been on Exalon and Namenda for several years, doing what the medical specialists believe to be the best of what they have to offerright now to try and slow the progression of dementia. Of course her dementia is gradually progressing. We’ll never know if the meds have slowed her decline, or even hastened it. We’ll never know if she might have been better off whithout the meds at all. I am excited to know about coconut oil and will begin her on that right away. My question is what to do about the meds, and whether I should discontinue them. Or might that cause her problems? I can’t ask the neurologist, of course!

9 likes

• Chris says:

Had started my father on aricept and he suffered horrible side effects. Took him off of it and refuse to use rx drugs. They have no proof that the drugs really work and the side effects are horrible. I have my father taking vitamins C, E, Folic Acid, B12, Fish Oil, low dose aspirin, Calcium with D & Magnesium and have noticed a big difference for the better. Will definitely look for the coconut oil in our neighborhood health food store. Also, give him tylenol pm to help sleep at night. The brain needs rest and he was not sleeping but staying up all night drinking wine and beer. My father also suffered TIA’s (mini strokes) 12-15 years earlier increasing his risk of developing dementia…vascular dementia and frontotemporal lobe dementia. No one told us about this increased risk. He has two bleeds in his brain. He has always loved to drink and now his family has to pay for his selfish behavior. His philosphy is that he is not an alcoholic because he doesn’t fall down drunk…but he can not go a day without alcohol…his wine! I let him drink because at 77 and with beginning dementia who cares? Eat what you want, drink and be merry! Does everyone have to live to be 100? The vitamins and tylenol are to help us deal with him while he is with us.

9. Ida says:

My mom’s had dementia. I sure wish I knew about the coconut oil. She passed away recently from the disease. I would have purchased it if I only knew!

• Donna says:

Sorry for your loss, Ida. Alzheimer’s is stealing our loved ones away right in front of our eyes. We lose the person long before their body finally gives out. I’ve lost family members to this horrible disease and understand the grief, frustration, sense of helplessness. Thank God you know about coconut oil now so your health can have a bright future!

10. gager says:

Cholesterol is important for brain function. If statin’s are given to alzheimer’s patients it should be stopped immediately. Also Americans are fat starved, coconut oil can only make things better.

6 likes

11. Tammy Schmuki says:

My aunt has final stage of Alheimers. I wish I would have known this earlier to try it. But I thought about Thai food. It is made with a lot of coconut milk. So I looked up this article:

Which basicaly said what is below, but I thought, India and Thailand use coconut oil in their food. That is probably why they have less Alheimers.

East-West differences

Studies done in South India, Mumbai and the northern state of Haryana in India have reported very low rates of occurrence of Alzheimer’s disease in those at 65 years of age or older, ranging from about 1% in rural north-India (the lowest reported from anywhere in the world where Alzheimer’s disease has been studied systematically) to 2.7 in urban Chennai.

Studies from China and Taiwan have also shown a lower risk of Alzheimer’s disease as compared to western countries. The low rates of occurrence of Alzheimer’s disease in the eastern countries is in striking contrast to data from the western countries.

Community-based studies are of particular interest when they look at populations similar in origin but subject to relocation. Some Japanese reports are important in this respect. Two recent investigations in the rural areas of Japan revealed that Alzheimer’s disease occurred in about 3.5% of individuals aged 65 or more. Reported research in 1996 among older Japanese Americans living in Washington and in Hawaii revealed that the number of Alzheimer’s disease cases was much higher than that estimated in Japan and closely resembled the findings for North America and Europe.

3 likes

12. David Larmour says:

Coconut oil amounts to be taken daily varies. Spoonfuls to tablespoonfuls / twice to three times a day. What is the CORRECT dosage?

13 likes

13. kim says:

my mother has alzheirmer’s she is 71 years old to day is jan 11 will start to give her the organic extra vrgin coconut oil that i got from gnc store.doc newport website say about 4tsp. i hope and pray to god that it work. if not a lot than a little i would be thanks. it’s so hard to see my mother.like she is no medication seem to work they have her on three type.god be with us as we try this.

7 likes

• Kel says:

Kim,

My 70 y/o mom was diagnosed 2 years ago and had signs for about 2 years before that. I haven’t tried the coconut oil with her yet, but I have found that Vitamin C works wonders! She isn’t totally reversed yet (maybe I need to up how much she takes in), but she is having more better days. I give it to her in the form of one “cutie” (the baby oranges) a day.

I found out through research that Vitamin C “eats” the sticky proteins that accumulate on the brain of Alzheimer patients. Google it to see what you find.

I wish you the best!

3 likes

14. nancy says:

How much coconut oil should be consumed each day? I don’t see any amounts of use anywhere.

12 likes

15. arnx says:

My true story. I am 50 years old, and I noticed my memory is going bad…forgetting phone numbers, difficulty doing multiplications on top of my head, forgetting names of people I have meet… I attributed the problem to getting older. But since I started eating raw coconut for the past five weeks…my memory recall had improved a lot…and my blood pressure have gone back to 125/80 from 140/90..

8 likes

• Ralph Scott says:

How much coconut do you eat daily? Have to tried the oil?

• G says:

Arnx,

I too just celebrated my 50th birthday.

About one week after that, a dear friend took me out to lunch. I shared with her that lately, my brain seemed to be on fire! Clarity has improved, memory has improved, and things just make sense to me more easily.

I have a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, worked through school and worked HARD for my grades. I mean HARD. Nothing came easy.

However, for the first time in my life I feel that if I were in college again, I would blow people out of the water. My professors would proud to have such a focused and intense student and insightful student.

As my friend listened to me, she asked me if I were taking any supplements because all of her other friends felt like they were losing their mind when they hit 50.

After some thought, I realized that for the last couple of months, I have been taking a minimum of 3 tablespoos of Virgin Coconut Oil. I also have been taking Krill and then replaced that with Liquid Marine Phytoplankton for the last 8 months or so.

I am taking those items for reasons not related to memory or cognition, but I do SO appreciate the benefits that I was unaware of.

True story.

3 likes

16. People need to be careful about this. Please see the MedFriendly.com blog which documents cautions you need to take about the claim that coconut oil can effective treat or cure Alzheimer’s disease: http://blog.medfriendly.com/2011/10/five-ways-to-evaluate-suspicious.html

2 likes

• Healthygal says:

Thank you fr the link. It is important to base our decisions on evidence collected, but if no one is collecting evidence and the treatment causes no harm, why would you put off trying something like this on a patient who may well be beyond any benefits before it’s proven beyond a shadow of a doubt?

FYI:

MCT trials (phase I and Phase II)

In August 2009 the following study was published in Nutrition & Metabolism.

Study of the ketogenic agent AC-1202 in mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter trial.

Ref: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19664276

The paper’s lead author, Samuel Henderson, is the founder of Accera (http://www.accerapharma.com/index.html), the biotechnology company that developed Axona (http://www.accerapharma.com/axona.html). Axona is an FDA approved medical food used to treat Alzheimer’s. (Axona was at one point named Ketasyn http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/81005.php) If you click on Dr. Henderson’s name, you will find more papers by him on PubMed related to the treatment of Alzheimer’s with medium chain triglycerides.

We know that AC-1202 consists of nothing more than MCT oil because Accera says so in its patent application, which can be found here: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2008/0009467.html

Dr. Mary T. Newport discusses this on pp. 57-61 of her book Alzheimer’s Disease: What If There Was a Cure? The Story of Ketones (Laguna Beach, CA: Basic Health Publications, Inc., 2011 ISBN: 978-1-59120-293-6).

MCT oil, which is derived from coconut oil, has been shown to treat Alzheimer’s disease in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter trial.

17. Lane Simonian says:

Peroxynitrites are held to be the main cause of short-term memory impairment in Alzheimer’s disease. Peroxynitrites damage the function of receptors involved in short-term memory (acetylcholine muscarinic), mood (serotonin), sleep (melatonin), alertness (dopamine), and smell (olfactory). Peroxynitrite scavengers such as ketones from coconut oil, minocycline and other tetracycline antibiotics, and phenolic compounds including rosmarinic acid, grape seed extract, cinnamon extract, Cinnamomum zeylanicium (Ceylon cinnamon) essential oil, lemon balm essential oil, sage essential oil, and rosemary essential oil have led to improvements in cognitive function in animal models, clinical trials, and case studies (for the clinical trials see Jimbo et al. and Akhondzadeh et al.). Jimbo and colleagues used aromatherapy and noticed significant improvements in all patients with demenitia, but especially those with Alzheimer’s disease. This may be due to the fact that the essential oils directly reach the part of the brain most damaged by the disease–the hippocampus. However, the clinical trial seems to indicate that peroxynitrites may be at the root of other forms of dementia as well. Unfortunately, so far all the large Alzheimer’s organizations and many researchers have ignored the evidence that Alzheimer’s disease can be treated with essential oils. Profit is driving the process, which is sad since the knowledge already exists to treat Alzheimer’s disease.

8 likes

• JM Haines says:

Lane I have a dad that has vascular dementia can you please tell me what essential oils you are talking about? I am a young living distributor. Appreciate your help. I am always trying to find new ways to help him as he is a high functioning demintia person.

• lane simonian says:

We (my sisters and I) have given my mother the following essential oils to smell: cinnamon leaf, clove, bay laurel, rosemary, sage, oregano, thyme, peppermint, and orange. Other essential oils that have shown effectiveness in clinical trials and case studies include lemon balm, lemon, grapefruit, frankincense, and lavender. We began using aromatherapy five years ago (my mother has had Alzheimer’s disease for eight years). We give her each scent to smell under her nose for a few seconds each day (twice a day should be safe as well). The effects are not immediate, but after a month my mother realized that I had moved something on her bookshelf and asked why have you been giving this to me every day for a month (for the first three years, we only used rosemary essential oil). Over the course of time, she recognized her home again, began to feel comfortable around her brother (who she used to think was an impostor), slept through the night, could recite the alphabet, count to ten, remember her name and sometimes spell it, could sometimes remember the order of days and months, could complete simple phrases such as I scream, you scream, we all scream for…ice cream and April showers…bring May flowers, asked if a container with salt was sugar, is more lucid more of the time, has fewer “delusions”, and is much more alert and aware. The one testimonial I have for aromatherapy and vascular dementia comes from the following site (see last comment)::

Jimbo and colleagues in Japan found that aromatherapy could be an effective means to treat dementia.

Aromatherapy may be an effective treatment for some types of dementia including Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia.

• Andy ABH says:

Wouldn’t any anti-oxidant counter-act the effects of peroxynitrates? How about vitamin C?

3 likes

• lane simonian says:

This is a good question. Not every antioxidant scavenges and reverses the damage done by peroxynitrites. Compounds that can readily donate two hydrogen atoms counteract the effects of peroxynitrites. Vitamin C is a peroxynitrite scavenger but under certain circumstances can become a pro-oxidant. Some forms of Vitamin E are good peroxynitrite scavengers (gamma tocopherol, for instance) and others apparently are not (alpha tocopherol). Some peroxynitrite scavengers do not readily cross the blood-brain barrier. I use essential oils because through inhalation they directly reach the brain, but a number of other peroxynitrite scavengers are likely also useful in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.

18. Laura Hoag says:

My husband has advanced AD. How many tablespoons of Coconut oil should he have a day?

2 likes

19. I read an article in 2oo5 that placed coconut oil in the same category as olive oil. This counters the claim that coconut oil causes cholesterol problems. A nurse-practitioner who is near 80years, has flawless complexion and has the gait of a well-kept 40year-old. She attributes much of these youthful qualities to her use of coconut oil all her life.
    Alzheimers is rife in my family so I am really excited about these findings. I trust that more research will go into controlling the diseases that have been destroying our coconuts.

• Steve Sevek says:

Coconut oil will raise your cholesterol but this is not a bad thing.
      It raises good HDL and lowers bad LDL and also lowers triglycerides.
      Refined sugar, flour and high carb diets will raise bad LDL and triglycerides.

1 likes

20. They say that when the Earth is uninhabitable (there will be many reasons for this in the near future. One of them is THEIR addiction to oil, not the everyday consumer. We have no CHOICE but to use oil. If the government really cared, they would ban all oil-based motors and introduce electric cars or water-fueled cars. But that would kill the oil industry – an industry that kills the Earth! And an industry that causes war! They don’t care, they’re making money!) we will be able to easily terraform Mars over a couple human generations and we’ll be just as good. Don’t they realize that Mars is now a DEAD planet that does NOT support life!? If we can’t get along as a race on our OWN planet, are we really going to be successful Are they just saying these things because they ONLY care about they moneymaking endeavor in their own lifetime? This topic is deeply saddening when you think of the current status, but humans can perform great things when they work together…let us care for Earth..

21. Keith Cook says:

I would like to know how the coconut oil is used in the preperation of food? What do you put it on?

22. Maria says:

Fractionated coconut oil makes an excellent lubricant for massage and is gentle enough to be used as a facial moisturizer. I wonder if the topical application of coconut oil would have an effect similar to ingesting it.

23. Catherine says:

I wish this information was available to me a long time ago. My grandmother and her daughter, my mother both had Old Timers disease. It’s a horrible disease and one that affected their life even before it we really accept the reality that there is a problemf. Even around the age of 55 she began showing signs.
    Both of them had a problem with having to drink alcohol every night. They didn’t have the superfood our Creator intended them to eat. It was mostly supermarket food. Now on the other hand my Father’s mother was raised on a farm, she even continued vegetable/fruit/flower gardening throughout her life as long as she could and she passed away a few days before her 103rd birthday. She had a brighter outlook on life and she loved making her own bread, putting away for a rainy day etc…she was charitable, loved flower gardening, and appreciated what our Creator gave to her…non GMO seeds

3 likes

24. Happy Oasis says:

Yes, I also have witnessed several clients whose alzheimers and general health have improved markedly due to consuming fresh coconuts and coconut oil. However, it is essential that the oil be not only organic and virgin (and fresh rather than rancid) but also raw. How may one know if it is raw? It almost always reads “raw” somewhere on the bottle. Furthermore, on the other hand, cooking with coconut oil is particularly deleterious because the fats are transformed from health-giving to the reverse during the chemical process.

25. Carole Kahn says:

Please keep me posted on this information. Many thanks.

26. Thelma says:

This is the first I’ve heard about coconut and Alzheimer. I eat coconut once a year maybe but now I’m going to be doing it a lot more. I have been diagnosed with dementia and if this would help it would make me so happy.

1 likes

• You might want to add Turmeric and Ceylon Cinnamon to your supplement regimen as well. Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory and the Ceylon Cinnamon helps stabilize insulin levels. Note that Ceylon cinnamon is NOT the usual cinnamon you find in the grocery stores in the US.

2 likes

27. Pam Lawing says:

My mother-in-law was telling me how she has started using the coconut oil with my father- in law who has Alzheimers and the results that she has had up to this point. She reports that he seems more alert and I have seen him at the kitchen table reading the funnies and working puzzels which all he use to do was sit in his recliner and sleep. He is sleeping better at night. But what impressed me most of all was the report she gave me about his cholesterol test. His numbers so much better. His HDL is now at 45 improved from 25, tryglycerides are below 200 from over 300 and his overall is 185 which is also way down. I went out the day she told me about the labs and purchased some coconut oil for my husband and myself. My cholesterol is borderline and my husband is on medication for both cholesterol and his triglycerides. His triglycerides are over 400 with medication. He is also a type 2 diabetic. I figure the cocout oil will not hurt and therefore am giving it a try.

2 likes

28. Susan says:

I have worked with Alzheimers patients since the early 80’s. I also have a sister, uncle and 2 cousins that have died from Alzheimers, this is exciting news. The SAD (standard american diet) I believe has brought this on. Lo fats, no fats and bad fats has taken a toll on the American people. I just hope that the behind the scenes powers in this country do not stop the importation of coconut oil to America.

1 likes

• There is a huge link between the increase of Alzheimer’s and increased use of nitraites and nitrates in processed foods. Sad thing is, there are other food preservatives available but our government choses not to use them. And in countries that don’t eat the SAD type diet…incidence of Alzheimer’s type diseases is much lower.

3 likes

29. Fran says:

Just wanted to note; How Oil pulling helps with gum disease(periodontal) and sinus problems.

• Victoria says:

Does anyone know if coconut oil can also help with dementia not just Alzheimers? My darling Mum has just been diagnosed with a form of dementia called Lewy Body. She’s only 65. We are devastated.

0 likes

• You have nothing to lose by giving this a try. You will know if it works because she will start to improve in just a few days time. Please let us know how it goes.

• Debbie says:

My Mom (76) was diagnosed with dementia too. I took her off the statin drug she was on. Within 3 days, the fog started to lift. It seemed that as the cholesterol increased in her body and brain, the better she got. It has been 5 weeks now, and she is almost back to normal. This might explain why the coconut oil is helping–it could just be the cholesterol injection into the system.

2 likes

• selma Kleiman says:

can you benefit from coconut oil gel tablets same as with the coconut oil in the jar?

3 likes

• Arnie the K says:

My mother is 92 and has Alzheimer’s disease. I discontinued her Lovastatin a week ago to see if there is any improvement in her memory. I have not as yet seen the dramatic improvement you report but I’m patient. She had been taking this drug for at least several years.

• arlene says:

Hi
            I have been giving my mom the oil blend for about 6 months and I think that it has stopped the dementia in it’s tracks, but I’m not expecting that her memory is going to get any better, but what I am expecting is that she won’t get worse. This is what the oil is proving, at least the symptoms are gone, because they were the hardest to deal with. Go to alzorganics.com

• Simo says:

We know that sertss can affect people in different ways and one of those wayshappens causes increase blood pressure, and very easily dampen your mood with depression.Anxiety problems are becoming more common in the present day. There are numerous herbs for anxietyrelief medication available as treatment, they are proving to be very effective in reducing sertss and anxiety. Anxiety disorders can be effectively cured by using natural remedies.

• Catherine says:

I am 55 years old. A couple of years ago I noticed that my memory was failing, though I didn’t think much of it. I had scheduled a visit to my parents a few months ago. My husband dropped me off at the airport, as always, and I went inside. Went to my gate and waited for my flight to board. I’m not sure how much time passed, but when i went to the boarding counter, the flight had left two hours prior. My husband called to make sure I had boarded……long story short….I couldn’t remember where I was going. Finally made my flight 2 hours later. i am now on medication (Arocept). and doing fairly well. I’ve been on coconut oil for about a month and a half (approximately). The coconut oil had made an incredible difference. 2 Tablespoons 3 times per day. Life is funny sometimes…I’ve disliked anything coconut my entire life….now it’s my best friend……..

5 likes

• arlene says:

Hi. My mom has Lewy Body Dementia also, since 2002. I give her a coconut oil blend from alzorganics.com. It has worked wonders, as long as I keep giving her the blend all of her symptoms are gone. It took from 1 month to start seeing results and then up to 3 months and we have our mom back. It costs me about 75.00 a month, but it is well spent. You really should try it, we are so happy that our mom enjoyed Christmas and was aware of her surroundings.

3 likes

• Karen says:

Hello arlie from Woody’s Mom (at alzconnected). Thanks for the info you posted there… it lead me to find this website.